9.08.2009

The song I have despised for 20 years lives on and ramblings

“I want to be kind to everyone for that is right you see, so I say to myself remember this… kindness begins with me.”
When I was little my mom wrote this little song on a 3x5 note card and made me memorize it. Whenever I was being a brat she would ask me to sing it. Now it has become a joke for my family to start singing it to me when I am being a brat. I think I have actually really needed it lately and it keeps running through my head. When I was in school getting my degree in Sociology life in general was so much easier and centered around school. Being back in school has made me stressed when I really don’t need to stress, but I was so used to my life as it was. I am working on finding my happy/productive groove. Until then, thank heaven my Andrew is so calm and loving and my family is so loving and understanding. On Sunday I needed my mom’s oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. My mom is a great cook and always had a fun treat for us when we needed it. Even though I made these cookies myself they did the trick. And I am sure if I would have asked my mom, she would have made them for me while I was spinning around her as a stress ball and talking a million miles per minute. So if you need a good cookie for comfort, try this recipe out.

Cherie’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks of softened butter... not melted
1 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 slightly heaping cups of flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips.
Cook at 350 degrees for about 13 minutes.

And if you want to enjoy the full experience have a taste of the dough at each of the good stages.

** I posted this recipe from memory so MOM if I missed anything please correct me!

2 comments:

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

YUM! I will have to try that for sure. Good luck in school girl! That is so awesome and I am so happy for ya!

Cherie said...

If I had been in town I WOULD have made these for you!!! BTW, only one cup of sugar not 2...love you!