4.06.2008

Grandma Pauline's Biscuits


I was going through my mom's recipe box the other day looking for a salad recipe I wanted and came upon many other good recipes. Pauline's Buscuits was one of those. I made them this morning and they were really quite easy to make and were delicious. Try it out next time you think to buy those pre-made biscuits.
Sift together:
2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
Use a pastry cutter to add one stick of cold butter (cut into small squares) until it is blended to pea size. Add 2/3 cups milk (I had to add a little more) and blend with a fork until combined. Gently knead for 30 seconds on board. Roll out to 1/2'' thick and cut into biscuits. Bake on small ungreased cookie sheet at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Yields about 12 depending on biscuit size.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

They are gorgeous! Grandma Pauline would be so proud...

dockters said...

Those look so good!! And they seem easy enough for even ME to make! I'll have to try them...

Summer said...

they really are easy. you can totally do it!

Courtney said...

Wow Sum, those look so good... it looks like a picture from a magazine!