11.20.2008

A dessert to try for Thanksgiving

If you are looking for a dessert to serve on Thanksgiving here is an idea. I decided to share it because it is so good and really easy. I got it from my mom and I am not sure where she got it from.

Pumpkin Dessert

1 large can pumpkin
1 large can evaporated milk
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Mix first 7 ingredients well and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Set aside. Mix cake butter and nuts until crumbly, sprinkle on top of pumpkin mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool and serve with fresh whip cream.

Sooo Good.

2 comments:

Starr said...

Holy hannah I want that in my tummy NOW! So yummy. Can you try to embed that SNL bit on your cousin's blog onto your blog? I have tried and failed. "I like chasing cars."

Cherie said...

That is from the Albuquerque ward cookbook!!